These succulent delights are not only incredibly tasty but also make for a perfect snack, starter, or party food. Trust us when we say they will be a hit with your guests or even as a satisfying treat just for yourself. Their irresistible flavors and finger-licking goodness will leave everyone craving for more. So go ahead, indulge in these mouth-watering delights and experience the joy they bring to any occasion.
- 1kg chicken wings (you can also use legs and thighs, or a combination)
- 3.5 litres cold water
- 220g salt
- 250ml Lo & Slo Chilli Mop Sauce
- Dissolve the salt in the cold water to create a brine solution.
- Place the chicken pieces in the salt water and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Drain the brine and place the chicken in a large pot. Cover with fresh water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes if using wings only, or 30 minutes for thighs and legs.
- Drain the chicken and pat dry with kitchen roll. For best results, leave the chicken uncovered on a baking tray in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to achieve crispy skin.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and place the chicken wings in an ovenproof dish. Coat the chicken with the Lo & Slo vinegar mop, ensuring all sides are coated.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the chicken pieces every 10 minutes and spooning the vinegar mop over them to re-coat. Finish the wings under the grill until they become sticky and caramelized.
- Serve the sweet and spicy sticky chicken wings with a pint of your favorite local microbrew. They make a perfect snack, starter, or party food.
Enjoy your delicious homemade wings!