This fruity, fresh, and hot sauce is not only easy to make but also easy to modify according to your taste preferences. Give it a try—it's perfect for your own meals or as a gift for your hot sauce-loving friends!
- 350g Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- 25g Habanero pepper (or a blend of chilies and bell peppers to taste)
- 2g smoked paprika
- 20g honey
- 20g butter (to finish)
- If you want to reduce the heat, add more fat/oil or a splash of alcohol.
- Wear gloves when handling the habanero peppers to protect your skin.
- Feel free to swap out the pineapple for mango or blueberries and the lime for orange juice. Hot sauce is highly versatile!
- Blend the fresh pineapple, habanero pepper, and lime juice and zest until you have a fairly smooth pulp. Pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Add the smoked paprika and honey to the saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat and bring it to a rolling simmer. Cook for about 70 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the butter until it melts and is well incorporated into the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cool and then transfer it to a sterilized bottle or jar.
- The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Enjoy the delightful combination of fruity sweetness and spicy heat in this homemade pineapple habanero hot sauce. It's a versatile condiment that can enhance the flavour of various dishes.